2. Elimination of geographical constraints – tutors and students can find each other from anywhere in the world. This means students can be matched with the best tutors suited to their needs without being limited by the area in which they live in.
3. Lessons can be done from any global location and at more flexible/awkward times (e.g. later at night). All you need is a device such as a computer or tablet and an internet connection – something almost everyone in the Western world has nowadays. For tutors, this opens up a larger potential client base across all hours of the day.
4. Efficient resource sharing through cloud storage shared folders such as Dropbox (I have shared Dropbox folders with all my students, which contain syllabus notes, case study material, past papers, practice questions, sample questions, a copy of the specifications, etc.). This also helps keep everything organised and in one place.
6. Use of online whiteboards and screen sharing can be a very effective teaching and learning tool to, for example, help explain concepts – classic examples of how online technology can aid the learning environment.
7. A private learning environment, without the potential awkwardness of a face to face meeting (especially the first meeting can be a little awkward). Going into someone else’s private home can be a little exposing and awkward.
8. No social pressure as there is no one sitting physically watching everything students do in real time.
9. Students are more in the driving seat with online lessons and so feel more empowered in a really relaxed environment.
10. The entire lesson can be saved as a neat PDF and lesson recording is also possible. Any links and materials sent via Skype chat, or online portal for example, is available at any later time in the chat history.
Express your interest now in online tutoring – Call us on 020 7247 9515
As our classes fill up early and our tutors become unavailable very quickly. We strongly advise that you book your sessions as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Express your interest now by calling us on 020 7247 9515 or by filling and submitting the online form.